In many areas, you can now use your PayPal account to pay for parking through the ParkMobile service. PayPal is a service that enables you to pay, send money, and accept payments without revealing your financial information. PayPal acts like a digital wallet where you can securely store all your payment options, such as your bank account and credit card. When you want to make a payment, you don't have to pull out your credit card or type your billing info every time.
At this time, PayPal is not accepted by all parking operators, so it is very important to ensure your operator accepts PayPal before linking your account. Which locations accept PayPal?
Important Note: When PayPal is accepted in your area, it is the Default payment method used for your parking sessions, even if you have a primary or secondary credit card on file.
If you are an existing customer, and would like to add PayPal, you can do so in your Personal Pages or in the ParkMobile app for iPhone or Android. You can also add PayPal using the mobile web app. Instructions for changing your payment method to PayPal within your Personal Pages are shown below, but note that changing your Payment Method within the mobile apps varies by app (iPhone, Android, or mobile web). In most cases though, visit the Settings within the app, then select Payment Methods or Payment Method Management. Tap to link your PayPal account. You will be directed to PayPal’s website to enter the required information there. Adding PayPal to your account will make PayPal your primary Payment Method on file.
To change your Payment Method to PayPal in your Personal Pages:
- Sign in to your account with your login credentials.
- From the left navigation list, click Payment Method. The Payment Method page appears with your current Payment Method information shown.
- Click Manage PayPal to link to or create a PayPal account to serve as your ParkMobile account Payment Method.
- Ensure that PayPal is an accepted Payment Method in your parking area by clicking the link ‘Click Here to see where PayPal is accepted.
- If PayPal is available in your area, click Check out with PayPal
- You will be directed to PayPal’s website to enter the required information there.
Article is closed for comments.